Need inspiration when planning your next drop-down day? Here are a few great ideas we’ve seen schools in Bucks using this year. Please enquire with the organiser for more information about each.
- Tomorrow’s Engineers Energy Quest
Are your students interested in learning about sustainable energy and about associated engineering careers? Book your free 2.5 hour workshop for up to 60 young people (aged 11 – 14) through the Tomorrow’s Engineers Energy Quest programme funded by Shell. More information can be found at https://www.tomorrowsengineers.org.uk/energy-quest/, or email Learn by Design at firstname.lastname@example.org
- F1 in Schools STEM Challenge. More information here: https://www.f1inschools.co.uk/
- British Army Team Task – for Year 9 upwards. Email Sara.Roberts132@mod.gov.uk or call her on 01980 835695 for a booking form to request a visit from the outreach team. Team Tasks are designed to assess a student’s ability to work within a team and solve problems whilst under time and mental pressure. A learning theme underpins each team task, allowing the students to acquire and develop specific skills and procedures. The sessions includes an Army Brief careers presentation about Army careers, qualifications and general Army life.
- Royal Air Force. Contact Justine Gardner, Senior Careers Engagement Assistant, South East Area, RAF Recruitment and Selection, RAF Halton. Email: Justine.Gardner121@mod.gov.uk
- Department for Work and Pensions – student finance workshop. Email email@example.com
- Wycombe Wanderers Football Club Sports & Education Trust. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about outreach opportunities.
- Careers in civil engineering. Book a free, fun classroom session for 16-18 year olds delivered by an Institute of Civil Engineering (ICE) STEM Ambassador. Email email@example.com to book.
- STEM Learning. See the new careers page on their website and share this selection of resources, programmes and guidance with all STEM teachers. Explore the free support available including:
- Promoting STEM careers in your school or college
- Bring the world of work into the classroom
- Subject-specific resources
- Additional support and guidance