We brought five of our Bucks special schools into the Enterprise Adviser Network over the autumn term, led by the efforts of our new SEND Schools Enterprise Coordinator Keerin Hossain. Some of the achievements so far:
- Furze Down School in Winslow has established a relationship with Buckinghamshire Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support (SEND IAS) to work on envelope stuffing over Christmas to gain work experience.
- The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) visited Pebblebrook School (pictured) in Aylesbury and came away with an understanding and appreciation of the specific challenges faced by special schools.
- We engaged the Bucks County Council Youth Service Team to provide work experience placements related to business administration.
- We visited Toolshed Bucks, Lindengate, Thomley Hall and Thrift Farm and shared their offers with our schools.
- We have advocated on behalf of our schools all over the county at business networking events – from Buckingham to Gerrards Cross.
We still have a long way to go and are hoping to recruit Enterprise Advisers for all of our special schools in 2019.
If you are a SEND school in Bucks which is interested in joining the Enterprise Adviser Network , or an employer interested in becoming a SEND Enterprise Adviser, please email Keerin directly.