The Beaconsfield School: Year 9 and 10 Careers Encounters morning, Thursday 6 September
Date: Thursday 6 September
Time: 8.30 – 10.45am
Event logistics: Could you help to inspire our students about different careers and give them real-world goals to aim for? The Beaconsfield School would like to invite employers into the classroom to speak to our years 9 and 10 (aged 13-15) about a wide range of different occupations. Each speaker will have a 20 minute session and we’d like to you repeat this to 5 classes.
We’d like you to tell students about:
• your personal career journey and what attracted you to your current role
• the different career options in within your industry
• routes into these industries, including apprenticeships
• what subjects you need to study/qualifications you need to get
• an idea about the potential salary range
• anything else you might think relevant – personal anecdotes always help to bring talks to life
The main aim is to motivate students and open their eyes to the different futures which they can start to explore. We look forward to hearing from you.