(Gatsby 2, 5 and 7)
Professional services network PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers) have asked us to spread the word round schools in Bucks about all the student careers opportunities they offer.
What PwC can offer students:
- Work Experience: Insight Weeks for students in Year 12. These are one-week paid work experience programmes in the summer holidays focusing around Business or the Digital World.
- Females of the Future: Females of the Future is an insight day held in PwC offices where they help students to develop confidence and resilience, understand their skills and values, and help make an informed decision about which of their career opportunities is best (be it an apprenticeship, degree apprenticeship or going to university, as well as the different areas of the firm).
- Degrees: PwC have a range of Flying Start degree programmes, which are PwC degrees offering the best of both worlds: combining the student experience and academic study, with paid work placements at PwC. They offer degrees in Accountancy, as well as a fully-funded degree apprenticeship in Computer Science or Data Science at a range of top universities.
- School and College leaver jobs: PwC’s range of school and college leaver jobs are ideal for young people keen to start building their career straight after college or sixth form, whilst learning and gaining professional qualifications.
What PcW can offer schools:
- Student newsletter: Students can sign up for a student newsletter here.
- Teacher newsletter: PwC has an online Teacher Zone which contains a newsletter sign-up so you can be the first to hear about opportunities on offer to you and your students. You can register here.
- Events: There are a number of events taking place in PwC offices over the next few months which you may want to make your students aware of. Visiting their offices will give your students an insight into working at PwC and information about their current job opportunities, and will help them develop their employability skills. If you’re interested in bringing a group of students along to one of these events, this is often something PwC can accommodate, so get in touch.
- Webinars: PwC’s Virtual Events are perfect if students are unable to go into the office but wish to participate in an online workshop.
- Visits: PwC run talks in schools and attend careers fairs. Availability can be limited but they will always consider requests.
For more information, email PwC UK Student Recruitment Officer Anya Matthews at email@example.com